Airbus Helicopters EC-135 T3H NVIS
November 2019 / EASA
Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for a Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) compatible external and internal lighting of the EC-135 T3H (Helionix cockpit configuration).
It included category 2 flight tests in reference to EASA CS-27 and RTCA DO-275. The ground and flight test evaluation included the following areas:
- Daylight control/display readability
- Night unaided control/display readability
- NVG compatibility
- Reflections and glare
- Operational suitability
MBB BO-105 Utility Mount
September 2018 / EASA
Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for a newly developed “utility-mount” used for a Shotover camera system on a MBB BO-105S helicopter.
It included category 2 flight tests in reference to EASA CS-27 for verification of
- Flying Qualities
- Vibration and Flutter
Agusta Bell 212 / Bell 412 FastFin®
November 2012 - March 2013 / BMLVS
Aim of the project was to verify the proposed statements including
- improved hover out of ground effect (HOGE) loads,
- improved hover-hold in challenging crosswinds,
- improved stability in all hover operations and
- elimination of loss of tail rotor effectiveness (LTE).
It included category 4 flight tests of the BLR Aerospace FastFin® in reference to EASA CS-29 for verification of
- Flying Qualities
Agusta Bell 212 Mid-Life Update
April 2010 - March 2017 / BMLVS
Aim of the project was the issuance of a supplemental type certificate (STC) for the Agusta Bell 212 Mid-Life Update. The focus was on reducing the pilot´s work load while increasing the situational awareness and flight safety.
It included software development, cockpit layout definition and category 2, 3 and 4 ground and flight tests in reference to EASA CS-29, RTCA DO-229C, RTCA DO-200A and ARINC 424-18 for evaluation and verification of the new
- Avionics systems– Mission management system, communication and integrated navigation systems
- Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) – Symbology development, HMD-design with respect to operational requirements
- Night Vision Goggles (NVG) – Helicopter interior and exterior lighting to meet NVG lighting specifications