F-Light Line EC-135 T3H FTD Level 3
Development and qualification of the Synthetic Training Device newly developed by Reiser Simulation and Training GmbH and RS Flight Systems GmbH for the Austrian Approved Training Organization Rotorsky GmbH:
- Flight Training Device (FTD) Level III (Type Rating H135 VFR/IFR)
- Flight and Navigation Procedure Trainer (FNPT) for ab-initio training programs (PPL, CPL, IR, MCC)
- Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) operation including Technical Crew Member (TCM) training
Airbus Helicopters EC-135 T3H NVIS
Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for a Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) compatible external and internal lighting of the EC-135 T3H (Helionix cockpit configuration).
It included category 2 flight tests in reference to EASA CS-27 and RTCA DO-275. The ground and flight test evaluation included the following areas:
- Daylight control/display readability
- Night unaided control/display readability
- NVG compatibility
- Reflections and glare
- Operational suitability
MBB BO-105 Utility Mount
Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for a newly developed “utility-mount” used for a Shotover camera system on a MBB BO-105S helicopter.
It included category 2 flight tests in reference to EASA CS-27 for verification of
- Flying Qualities
- Vibration and Flutter
Agusta Bell 212 / Bell 412 FastFin®
Aim of the project was to verify the proposed statements including
- improved hover out of ground effect (HOGE) loads,
- improved hover-hold in challenging crosswinds,
- improved stability in all hover operations and
- elimination of loss of tail rotor effectiveness (LTE).
It included category 4 flight tests of the BLR Aerospace FastFin® in reference to EASA CS-29 for verification of
- Flying Qualities
Agusta Bell 212 Mid-Life Update
Aim of the project was the issuance of a supplemental type certificate (STC) for the Agusta Bell 212 Mid-Life Update. The focus was on reducing the pilot´s work load while increasing the situational awareness and flight safety.
It included software development, cockpit layout definition and category 2, 3 and 4 ground and flight tests in reference to EASA CS-29, RTCA DO-229C, RTCA DO-200A and ARINC 424-18 for evaluation and verification of the new
- Avionics systems– Mission management system, communication and integrated navigation systems
- Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) – Symbology development, HMD-design with respect to operational requirements
- Night Vision Goggles (NVG) – Helicopter interior and exterior lighting to meet NVG lighting specifications